So I woke up this morning with the song “Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel” by the group Tavares this morning. It’s a horrible song and I’m including the video below in case you are unfamiliar with it.
So here’s the progrssion of my thoughts as I gave myself some time to consider this song.
- This is so bad. It’s such a cliche horrible pick-up line that no one should ever have said in the first place and definitely shouldn’t have turned into a song.
- Actually, those are the exacgt types of songs that do well. If you break things down to the lowest common denominator then the majority of people can relate. As most people believe in God and therefore a form of Heaven and therefore Angels this makes perfect sense.
- What exactly is an Angel anyway (: a spiritual being superior to humans in power and intelligence) and where do they come from? Do humans become Angels?
- Why would the Angel be missing? That would imply that they left Heaven when they weren’t supposed to.
- Why are Angels always “beautiful” and who set that standard of beauty. Why can’t there be an overweight Angel with a soft jaw line and crooked teeth?
But then I needed to get on with my day so I moved on to other exciting topics like what do I want to wear today.